About Me

My photo
Hi, this is my heart you're reading. I simply want to share my feelings and hopefully inspire someone to open up and share their feelings as well. People are looking for other people to open their hearts and be genuine. This is what I want to be, because I am tired of hiding behind insecurities. So, Welcome to the Madness Method.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Books

     
     I have a friend who is a year or so younger than me. She is the sweetest human you will ever encounter, and challenges me to make wiser life choices.    She was dating a guy for a long time, but she finally broke it off when she realized it was foolish to try to make a relationship work that obviously wasn't going to go anywhere. She went to college a few hours away, and he is home. Not really sure what he's doing. But he could possibly be gay.
   But that's irrelevant.    This friend of mine reads books in a manner that makes me want to change the way I look at life. She reads books like they're new friends and lovers she wants to get to know more about. She learns their every action, their unique ways and dirty secrets. I want to read like that.  
    I have a terrible habit of always judging a book by its cover.  I know, shameful, right?  But I cannot help it.  If it doesn't look interesting to me I assume I won't enjoy it, so I never get it a chance.  Fortunately I do not do this with people. They are different.  Usually it's the ones that don't look all that interesting that have the wildest stories and the deepest pains. Maybe that is because you don't expect them to, so when you find out all their crazy stories your mind cannot handle it, and it makes the whole situation into something wayyyy bigger than it really is....  Hmmmm....
    
    This summer I have read more books voluntarily than I have in probably 5 years. It feels amazing.
  So, people, don't stop reading. And read with passion! Get to know the story, fall in love with the characters.  All characters are a part of someones mind.   The human mind cannot think up anything impossible, because nothing is impossible! So every attribute of a character is a part of another person on this planet, so get to know them. You will recognize those attributes in other people, and you will live a more imaginative life.  It will be grand!
At least, that is what I believe.   Lets try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment